Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 8 in Big Spring.......


Hey Mom! Whats up?

 So I had a pretty good week I guess (: Elder Cutler and I are working a lot harder on our comp unity, I think we are really starting to get a flow, so thats good. This week was stake conference, so we got to drive to Midland and hear from our Mission President and the Stake President and some other speakers, there were a lot of people there!! I was surprised. The people of West Texas... if I had to describe them in a sentence, I would say that they have solid back bone. They really work hard for what they have, and they stick to their beliefs, which is something I really admire about them. As far as investigators go, I am pretty excited! We kept meeting with Mike, and we finally met his girlfriend Brittany. It was pretty scary to teach that chastity lesson....haha but they have both been doing so great. They have kept all our commitments, and I feel they truly are ready....when we first met Mike he talked all about change. He had been in jail and done some things that he really wanted to get away from. The way out of guilt and strife is always the gospel, and he has truly latched onto it. Soooooo this weekend they are both being baptized, and before the baptism they are getting married!!! Haha so I am a wedding planner now! To get baptized you must be living the law of chastity, and they decided that they were both ready for marriage, but more importantly, ready for the Lord. Haha I am pretty excited. Its just going to be a little ceremony at the church, our bishop is going to marry them. And then we are going to walk down the hall into the baptismal font and get them baptized, all on the same day! Haha how about that! I am stoked, hopefully all goes well!

This gospel is a gospel of change. President David O Mckay once said that the purpose of the gospel is to make bad men good and make good men better. I have seen both sides of that spectrum while being out here...his statement is so very true. GOD IS GOOD 

Tell me more about how you guys are doing, how is the puppy? I want to hear it all. I love you guys so much, hope you had a great week!

Love, Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment