Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 5 in Big Spring part 2

After I posted his email today, we got a letter in the mailbox!!

Dear family,

I just wanted to write you and the family to let you know that I am doing great.  So far this week has been going pretty well.  We just keep looking for people to teach.  We find it all here in Big Spring.  There is over 70 different churches here!  The other day we met a guy who told us he didn't want to hear from us because he read that Joseph Smith talked with goats......it doesn't give us any answer to that in Preach my Gospel. :).  One thing that is upsetting is the way a lot of people who don't know anything about the church talk about Joseph Smith.  They call him names and cast false judgements against him on subjects they know nothing about.  For as long as I can remember, I have never once doubted Joseph Smith.  I have always had a firm testimony of his life.  He had more courage than any mortal man in the history of the universe, and he gave up his life for the truth.  And when people tell me he was a confused, devil-worshipping, idiotic, blasphemis, wicked man, I get pretty upset and probably respond with a bit too much fire.  But I know that he gave everything for the truth, and I am trying to somehow do the same.

Well family, just know that I love you all so so much.  You guys are really amazing, and I love the way that our family works.  We are all imperfect people but as a family we are perfect.  Thank you so much for your prayers, I feel them every day.  I can't wait to hear back from ya'll.  I love you guys!!

Love,
Elder Backus

No comments:

Post a Comment