Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 7 in Big Spring


Hey Mom!
Firstly, thank you for the letters, it is always great to get something in the mail (: So my new comp is Elder Cutler.... He is 18 as well, and he is finishing up my "training" Haha he loves to correct me, which seriously I really need because I am far from a perfect teacher, but, I am trying to train him to be a bit more obedient when it comes to mission rules, so I guess we are both learning stuff (; Haha it really has been kind of a tough week. Hard work out here in the wilderness.  Our investigator Daniel really just needs to pray, we had a good lesson with him Saturday, then he didn't come to church on sunday.  Boo!!  Mike brought his girlfriend to church, she is also committed  to baptism, and they are "thinking" about marriage.  I have been thinking a lot about what you said about putting God before everything...thats a phrase we hear a lot but something very few of us actually do. I am trying very hard to do that now. You definitely learn a lot about yourself out on a mission. You really learn what your made of and what your true desires are.  But really, I am enjoying it out here. I miss you guys like crazy. I wish I could have taken more advantage of our time together as a family...you don't realize the little things until they are gone, but I have definitely realized how lucky I am to have a family like you. Tell me more about everybody's week, I love to hear about it all (: I love you Mom, I hope you have a fantastic week. I love you guys so much.
Love, Elder Backus

No comments:

Post a Comment