Saturday, January 18, 2014

20th Anniversay

20 years ago today Steve and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple.

(I thought this pic was most telling of personalities :))


Shortly after our wedding we talked about going to the Holy Land for our 20th Anniversary and for a few reasons that did not materialize this year.



However, I have reflected a lot on what took place in the Garden of Gethsemane and how the Atonement has made such a difference in our marriage.  Steve and I both, have come to understand that when we have challenges in marriage (and we all do), we can't always rely upon our mortal selves to fix things.  We have found that there is truly an enabling power (grace) which can give us patience, love, long suffering, brotherly kindness, humility (sound familiar?) when we need it the most - if we seek for it.  We've had hard times that were pretty miserable because we failed to seek for His enabling power, and we have also had hard times that were made light as we sought for It.  This past 6 months has been one of those hard times where His enabling power has given us the strength to carry on with peace.  I have learned after 20 years of marriage, that the Atonement has the power to strengthen your love for your spouse, and I can honestly say that I love Steve today more than ever.




1 comment: