Friday, April 4, 2014

Big Spring Week 17...........


Hey Mom!
Im glad to hear you guys all made it to Olympia safely!! Yes I am in the Odessa stake, which covers both Odessa and Midland areas. I will have to see if I can find Bro. Thompson's nephew somehow! I got the Holland talk, and I really want to save it until the start of next transfer, to help give me a kick start. Thank you so much! We find out if we are getting transferred after Conference I think, so I wouldnt be leaving until next wednesday, but I have a funny feeling I will be staying here again...I dont know. Soooo we actually baptized Kyra on Saturday. I didnt really want to tell anyone because I didnt want to jinx it like last time. Haha but it was great. Except for the fact that she was late...I was about to have a heart attack, I thought she wasnt going to show up!! But thankfully she did, and it was just awesome. The ward came out and gave her great support, and I was able to confirm her in sacrament meeting the next day. It has been such a wonderful experience to really see the changes she has made in her life. She really does have a light with her now, I am just so excited. She has some great friends in the church, and I am really hopeful that she will continue to grow with them. We are still teaching some of the members of her family, so we will continue to try and get her more support from them. It was a very purpose-fulfilling moment and I am so grateful that I had the chance to help her out, in even the smallest way.
Thank you for the Sunday night response, I really did appreciate it and really liked your advice. Haha I knew you would run with it a little bit, but please know, I am not distracted, Im just growing (: I love you so much mom.  I love you so much mom. Have a fantastic week, be safe, and know that I am praying for you constantly. I feel your prayers every day too, I couldnt ask for anything more. I love you guys!!!
Love, Elder Backus



Elder Backus and Kyra after her baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment