Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Happy 76th Birthday Dad!

I am 30 years younger than my dad. 
 Because I am 46, I know that my dad is 76 years old today. 
 So, as long as I can remember how old I am, 
I will always know how old he is.


I was 6 years old in this picture, so my dad was 36.  


I was an awkward 14 years in this picture, so my dad was 44.


Cassidy, Bethany, Michaela and Grandpa.


Cassidy, Grandpa, and Cody


Cody, Christine, Grandpa and Cassidy.


Cody and Grandpa.

I love that my dad loves kids...as children we couldn't wait til he got home from work so that we could play "friendly lion" with him.  He would pick us up and throw us over his shoulder like a sack of flour, dance with us while we stood on his feet, and he had us stand on his hands while he lifted us up like an elevator.   When we got married and had children of our own, dad continued the "friendly lion" tradition with them.  


Grandma, Christine, Cassidy and Grandpa at the Anderson Island Family Reunion 2013.
Dad has labored hard to help in the creating of lasting family memories at Anderson Island.


Cody, Brady, and Grandpa in Independence, Missouri.  
Dad (and mom) has started a tradition of taking all the grandchildren to the church's historical sites in Independence, Missouri where he and mom served as directors of the Visitor's Center.  


Grandma, Cody and Grandpa at Cody's mission farewell.
I do believe that my dad's real joy comes from moments like this, where he can see his children and grandchildren growing in their own love for the Savior.



Grandma, me, and Grandpa at Tyler and Camille's reception.

There is much I have to be thankful for in this life, and right at the very top is my testimony of Jesus Christ.  That testimony began with my dad talking to me for hours and hours about his own knowledge and belief in the Savior, and has continued to grow as I have watched him live a life of devoted discipleship.

Thank you Dad!

Happy 76th Birthday!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment