Monday, April 21, 2014

Big Spring Week 20............


Hey Mom,

I appreciated the letters from the fam and that Holland talk…….you want to hear some inside info?  We (missionaries) aren’t allowed to write any of the GA’s so that story about the sister missionary had to have come from his granddaughter.  Probably why he was so fired up!  But I guess he always is.  I love it.  Soooo I was borrowing some CD’s from a missionary last week and I found a Kenneth Cope CD.  I popped it in and almost started crying haha!  It reminded me so much of you!  I just remember listening to it a lot in the good ole mini van……..I made a deal with the other missionary and he let me keep it (:. 

Well, you asked me how my testimony has changed in the last 6 months and that is quite the question.  Honestly, every aspect has been augmented.  I think its because I have never really had people try and disprove or not really believe in my faith, and all of a sudden I have to face that head on and truly ask myself if what I’m teaching and doing is true.  Although it has been difficult at times, those experiences have really blessed me so much in the growth of my testimony.

The District Leader responsibilities are good………the hardest part is just feeling confident in giving advice and counsel every night to missionaries that are older than me (by 2 years!) and are losing their hair!  Any advice?  You know how much I love your advice (:.

I miss you like crazy, but I feel your prayers every day.  Thank you so much for your never ending love and support. YOU ARE MY HERO! 

I will be talking to you soon.  I love you!!

Love,

Cody


Hey dad,

Sorry to hear you had a rough week. Those just come and go I guess...I get them down here too. But I just want you to know how much I love and care about you Dad. You are my best friend and my best example. I really dont know where I would be without you. Thank you for always being a loving parent but also thank you for giving me discipline when I needed it. I have learned a lot out here. A mission really is just a big study of people. I meet so many people everyday that are just not in good situations. We are so lucky to be where we are. I attribute that to the Gospel and to loving parents. Thank you so much for providing me with both. So we had a pretty decent week here in Big Spring! Matthew and Alena got married on Friday, and she had her baptismal interview on Saturday. Her baptism is this coming Saturday at 6 (: I am pretty excited. I have been working with them since the first day I got here in Big Spring...its been some long hard work, but its so great to see it pay off. Other than thought we have just been talking with some CRAZY people. Haha I will have a lot of stories for you when I get back!

I love and miss you!

Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment