Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Lubbock Weeks 29 & 30........


I have gotten a little behind in my mission posts, so I am including a very 'real' letter from Cody, and a couple of emails from the last 2 weeks.








Hey Mom,

Haha I like the red lettering, makes me feel like I am back in 3rd grade (; Exercise is ok, its tough though, we usually dont get to bed until about 11:30 taking calls. President leaves on Friday, hopefully we will be able to give him one last hurrah! I dont know his home address, but I want to get it! I am going to pick up the package right after this, thank you so much. I dont think I need anything yet from Deseret Book, but thank you. The mesh garments are great (: 

So I am staying here with Elder May, which I am really excited about. President called and told us that he is giving us a special assignment...we will now be in a trio with an Elder Mortenesen. He has struggled greatly through his mission, he has been bouncing around a lot, so I guess we have been called to see if we can help him out. Haha I am excited and nervous at the same time, I will definitely be learning a lot. I need your prayers! Haha but this is a very busy week with transfers and all, but I will be writing you another letter today, I have lots to ask you about (: 

I love you mom, thank you for everything. You are the greatest (:

Love, Cody



Hey Mom!

Yes, I did get to meet President and Sister Heap, we actually got to go welcome them off the plane. They seem really great, they have been super busy but hopefully we will get to talk with them some more soon. 

Elder Mortensen is doing ok. We are getting along pretty well, he really is a great missionary, he just struggles a little bit with focus and maturity, haha something I am workin on as well! So we are good for each other (:

Dusty got the priesthood yesterday and will be baptizing Meredith, Alex and Matthew on Saturday. Such a blessing to teach that family, I feel like I really was sent here to get to teach and talk with them. 

Haha yes, you can put my letters up, but just be sure to omit any talk of girls etc. Haha but I know you know that (:

 Love you like crazy mom! 

Love and miss you,

Cody


No comments:

Post a Comment