Thursday, July 3, 2014

Ragnar Relay Wasatch Back........


Ragnar Relay Wasatch Back

This is the race that started it all; The Rag-Daddy of all Ragnars. This nearly 200 mile overnight relay course begins in Northern Utah in the city of Logan and traverses across the back of Utah’s Wasatch Mountains. Teams will conquer the course as they cross three mountain passes, run beneath millions of stars in the cool, crisp mountain air, and past fields of summer wildflowers. Runners will tackle the infamous “Ragnar Leg” at Guardsman Pass and finish in the mountain resort getaway in Park City, UT.

Steve and I reluctantly agreed to be a part of a Ragnar team this year organized by our good friend, Rick Pearmain.  We divided up our team into 2 teams of 6 and took turns running various legs of the race.


This was our team named by someone other than myself :).  We were the 'Not Engaged to Middle-Aged Mormon Marathoners'.  I guess Steve and I were considered the 'Middle-Aged'!!


This was Van #1 which left Logan at 8:45 am.  Our teammates were Karey Fagg, Cheri Weske, Nate Christopherson and Sean Jones.


Steve and I drove our SUV the whole distance and enjoyed every minute of it.  Our car is clean now, but for some reason we can't get rid of the body odor, that's how tough Ragnar was.....


Rick, Amy and Lindsay (right) did a fantastic job organizing our team, and it was a big undertaking.



Here I am at my first exchange, I was leg #2.


This is by far the hardest, craziest, and funnest race I have done thus far, anyone want to join next year's team?

No comments:

Post a Comment