Monday, June 16, 2014

Lubbock Week 28.........

Hey Mom!

Whats up?

Sooo first off the $400...I really dont know where all of it goes haha we get 135 every month for groceries etc. , but we dont use it to pay rent or gas, those are covered by the mission with the rest of the 400 I am guessing...crazy to think my mission president is heading out!

The week here was really awesome. Elder May and I worked really hard, we spent a lot of time pounding the pavement looking for people to teach. We found a lot of really good people that we set up lessons with this week, so hopefully everything goes through! So.... Dusty and Lori's baptism. It was awesome!! The Spirit was so strong. They were confirmed the next day and Dusty will be receiving the priesthood soon and will be able to baptize his 3 kids on the 5th, how cool is that?? I am so blessed to be a part of their conversion. The lows are lows out here in the field but the highs are just that much higher (;

The Zone is doing well. The Sisters definitely do work hard, I am proud of them! It doesnt surprise me that a lot of Sisters, well just missionaries in general, are coming home early. Unfortunately in the culture of the church we have painted a mission as a vacation where you wear a nametag and everything is super fun and every body is nice to you and its really easy and next thing you know you are starring in The Best Two Years Part 2. Haha then they get out here and realize its not a vacation, its not fun in the worlds sense of the word and then they actually realize they signed up for a full-time job with no worldy benefits...haha so please, when someone asks you what a mission is like, tell them the truth! Its the hardest thing in the world!  But, it is worth it. And I know you know that (: 

Everybody here is getting set for girls camp too, haha what else do you guys have planned for the summer? I love and miss you guys so much...haha and thank you for telling me that I can vent to you for anything, its good to know that I can still do that (:

Oh and actually this is transfer week again...haha! This was a shortened transfer, only 5 weeks...so I will be finding out if anything changes on Sunday. I dont think I will be going anywhere, but hey you never know. Love you Mom! Have an awesome week!

Love, Cody





Elder Backus, President Augustin, Sister Augustin and Elder May

No comments:

Post a Comment