Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lubbock Week 25............


Hey Mom!!

Sorry I didnt get to email yesterday the library was closed due to Memorial Day. So I am here today writing you from TEXAS TECH campus. Its a pretty nice school actually, the college is huge. We split the city with another zone, so we have one side of Tech and the other zone has the other half (which has the football stadium...darn it!) My proselyting area though is actually on the outskirts of town. Its called the Frenship Mesa ward, and it is awesome!! So different from Big Spring...there is a lot more wealth in the area I am now serving in, and most of it isn't coming from oil fields anymore.  Its still not the prettiest place in the world, lots of wind and dust, but all in all it is pretty pleasant. We have a pretty sweet apartment too, two bed two bath, which is really nice in the mornings. The ward is great, but I am getting hated on for being a Ute...our ward mission leader is a big coug, so we will have to work through it!  We are pretty close to the mission home, haha he took us to lunch last week which was pretty different. There is about 20 missionaries in the Zone, and we take numbers from the district leaders every night and then report them to the Assistants. It can be a bit hectic, we are on the phone a lot, but it is a great opportunity to learn and grow. Elder May is my new comp, he is from Lake Point Utah. He is a pretty good guy, great missionary, just trying to get in our teaching flow now. I am still trying to get to know our investigators, but Roho was baptized Saturday! I wish I could have been there so bad, but I am so happy that he carried through with it and did it.

I havent gotten the pants yet, but I am going to pick them up at the post office today. Thank you so much!! And I got the letters from the ward today, that was so nice of them. Tell them all thank you so so much, it meant the world to me! I am doing good with everything else, I dont need anything at the moment (: I love you so much Mom, thank you for the support and the constant emails and letters, they mean a lot to me. I love you so much! I love you and cant wait to hear from you. I hope you have an awesome week!!

Love, Your son

P.s. does bishop know the Kreitzer family? She is a new missionary in the zone, haha she is from Richfield and knows the Andersons! Haha small world right?


I'm not sure what the look on his face means??....


Big rain storm in Lubbock....


No comments:

Post a Comment