Thursday, May 8, 2014

A little of what we have been up to this last week........




 Last Tuesday Christine's friend Crista turned 12, so the first thing she wanted to do was go to the temple.......she had 2 friends that wanted to be there with her :).


At the end of each year, Grant Elementary has a 1.5 mile Fun Run and this year Christine came in 5th place for girls in the 6th grade.


Dad was there to cheer her on!
 

Cassidy is officially an employee at the Lion House pantry on Temple Square.  Stop by to try their famous Lion House rolls and say "hi" to Cass.



Christine had her Spring Dance Show.....


and we always celebrate afterwards with ice cream at Iceberg :).


Tuesday night the phone rang and the caller ID showed a call from Texas and my heart stopped.  The southern voice on the phone was Sister Condray, Cody's Bishop's wife.  As she began to talk I literally stopped breathing (moms can jump to conclusions sometimes!!).  After what seemed like forever, she finally told me that her husband wanted to make sure they were set up correctly for Skyping on Sunday (Mothers Day).  When she finished I let out a huge sigh of relief and got a little emotional haha!  When Cody comes home and reads this he will roll his eyes for sure.  On Wednesday night, Bishop Condray called me and we did a test run on our Skype accounts and got to spend 15 minutes talking to each other about Cody.  Just a side note, I have always had a hard time sharing some things about my children for fear of being one of those parents who is constantly bragging, so in my quest to not brag, I have not shared enough of what I love about my children.  As I spoke with the Bishop, he told me "we have had lots of missionaries in our ward over the years and some are easier to love than others, and your son has been one of the easiest".  (Those are thoughts more for Cody to read than anyone else)


Thank heaven for modern day technology, including the ability to Skype.  This picture was at Christmas time........can't wait for Sunday!!




No comments:

Post a Comment