Thursday, May 15, 2014

I LOVE YOU MOM........


Because May is the month we celebrate our mother's and also the month we celebrate my mom's birthday, I have reflected upon the influence she has had on my life.  Here are just SOME of things that I love about my mother.

 My mother chose to give birth to and raise 7 children, wow!

 My mother is the most even tempered person I know, despite raising 7 children.

 My mother always kept a clean home, despite 7 messy children.

 My mother up and moved 5-6 times with 7 children without any complaints that I am aware of.

 My mother is a farmer's daughter and knows the value of work.

 My mother is a natural nurturer and has a genuine love for each of her children and grandchildren.

 My mother is down to earth, she lives in the world, but not of the world.

 My mother is one of those individuals who is always taking care of those in need, and does it with no
 desire for recognition.

 My mother read to me out loud and I did the same for my children.  Those moments with my mom
 and that I have had with my children are priceless.

 My mother lives what she believes.  She will forever be my hero......

 My mother understood that she was a mother first and foremost, we had chores and responsibilities, we
 had rules and curfews, we had to eat our vegetables, we earned our own spending money, we had
 punishments when we were disobedient, we had privileges taken away when deserved, we watched
 very limited television and spent our free time playing outside,  My mom taught me that being a good
 mom means requiring things of your children that are hard and won't make you very popular, but in the
 end will be for their good.  Today, she is still my mother, but also one of my best friends.

 I love you Mom!!  Happy Mother's Day and Happy 75th Birthday!!

 


Cody, Christine, Cassidy and Mom at Temple Square.


Cassidy and Mom.


Cody and Mom.


Mom, Cassidy and Christine.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment