Monday, December 30, 2013

sixteen




I learned from Cody's 16th birthday party that there is too much pressure involved when your mother invites all your friends to come to your home and celebrate in honor of your birthday.  I guess those days are gone.....so, I decided to have a surprise party for Cassidy with her no pressure family.  


When she walked in and saw the banner and heard birthday music she panicked for a second and then was so relieved to see her cousins, aunts and uncles, grandma and grandpa, mom, dad and sister.










Cassidy is definitely my daughter.  She is told over and over and over again that she looks like her mom, and I'm not sure she loves it.  She may resemble me in some ways, but she loves being her own person with her own style and personality.  She loves fashion (caraloren.com), interior design (HGTV with mom), drawing (she's really good!), volleyball, cupcakes (Cupcake Wars), country music, Duck Dynasty and Psych.  Cassidy is not afraid to just be herself no matter who she is with, she makes an effort to be a friend to those who need one, she has a special love for children and great respect for the elderly, she has a great loyalty and love for her brother and sister, she has a real love for the temple, and has a smile that is truly genuine.  I love Cassidy with all of my heart and am so grateful for the opportunity that I've been given to be her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment