Sunday, September 28, 2014

Christine is now a teenager.............



On the 26th of September, Christine turned 13 and officially became a teen-ager...


Another birthday banner.........


Christine wanted a larger bed for her birthday present.  Her last bed was a twin size, and we will never forget Randy sleeping in it when he spent Christmas with us, his feet hung off the end & he said he felt like Buddy the Elf.


She requested that all the pink be removed from her room, so out with the old & in with the gray and yellow.  You can tell by her shelves, that Christine loves to read.  In the last year she read the Hunger Games and the Divergent Series.


Even though she is growing up FAST, she still requests the Cake Batter Birthday Cake from Coldstone, hopefully some things will never change :).


Christine has a very sweet personality.  The last couple of months she has been anonymously serving an elderly lady in our neighborhood who has been battling breast cancer.  She has dropped off gifts and cards at her door, rings the doorbell and runs.  She easily feels the spirit of service.


I hold a special place in my heart for this daughter of mine, whenever I appear to not feel well, she is the first to ask if I need help, she is sincerely concerned and would do absolutely anything to make me feel better.  She has been known to pull out her nail clippers, foot scrubber, lotion and nail polish to give me a pedicure when I've had a long day.  She is a caregiver at heart and I LOVE that about her.  Happy 13th Birthday Christine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment