Monday, September 29, 2014

A couple reminders of home............


Hey Mom!!
So first of all, that was really cool reading that little article about Carson! You really have outdone yourself, you are working so hard for that, I hope it goes well for the Ross family!!
So funny story, there is another new missionary here in the Zone, Elder Turville...apparently you helped him out with his garment selection huh? Haha too funny, who would've known?? (After helping newly called missionaries for months at Deseret Book, I finally helped one that had been called to the Texas, Lubbock Mission, that poor Elder got an earful from me along with a promise that he would give Elder Backus a hug if he ever ran into him, well as luck would have it, his first area is Roswell, New Mexico and Cody is his zone leader.  I hope that Elder Turville made good on his promise). 
Oh man, that picture...I hope you aren't putting all those on facebook and stuff haha that was horrible!!

Elder Murray is doing well, haha I think he is enjoying it, but I think we are all waiting for his first wave of home sickness to come. I see him every once in a while and talk to him at least every other day, his companion is a DL, so I call him every night.
Lisa's baptism went very well, we had it right after the Women's Broadcast. (I wish I could've seen it!)
We now have a pretty crazy week ahead of us, we have a little mini zone conference on thursday and then Elder Bladen and I will be driving down to Lubbock for MLC on Friday. Everything is moving so fast!!
I love you Mom, and I am finally starting to love this work. It is still a process, and I still groan every now and then, but I think I am starting to catch the vision. Thank you so much for your tremendous support, I don't know how I could do it without you.


Elder Backus and Elder Murray.

No comments:

Post a Comment