Monday, January 19, 2015

Elder Bednar..........


Hey Madre!
Well, first off thanks for the letter, I sure appreciated it. Wise counsel from the matriarch of the family.
So. Mom. ELDER BEDNAR WAS INCREDIBLE. I don't think I have ever felt the Spirit more strongly. He just taught by the Spirit. The first thing he told us was to not write anything that was said over the pulpit, and to only write down things that we learn from the holy ghost. It was cool, he did a big Q and A with us and then we got to do a Q and A with him. Funny thing is he actually lived in Lubbock for a while, he taught at Tech. Most of all, it really just was a testimony to me that this church is lead by prophets, true prophets of God. No one else has that. I will copy some notes for you, but if you really want to get something out of it, he based his remarks off of 3 of his talks, Ask in Faith, Converted unto the Lord, and Learning by Faith. Study those 3 and tell me what you thought (:
So, I can't remember if I had told you about Alec, the 9 year old part member family, but his baptism was this Saturday. It was pretty awesome. Great to see how the gospel bring families together once again.
I sure love you Mom, and I hope you have a fantastic week. Let me know what you thought about those talks (: Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment