Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Week 4 from Mexico City

Since I have got here, I have really found out how useful the scriptures are...such amazing tools!!! My first couple weeks, honestly, I was struggling. I just couldnt really figure it out, why was this so hard, it was what God wanted me to do right? I was really struggling with that, and then by his grace, the luck of the Lord I guess, I came across D&C sections 121 and 122. The sections contain the conversation between Joseph Smith and Heavenly Father while Joseph was in Liberty Jail....never has any block of scriptures ever, ever, ever meant more to me. The first line, the first verse in 121 just hits me so hard. O God, where art thou? And then throughout the rest of the sections, especially verse 7 in 122, just give me the chills. We always talk about how the path is straight and narrow...but I think we also need to realize that that path is also steeply uphill. But thanks to this gospel, I now understand why. 


I am so excited for the field. While I know I am not totally prepared yet, I know that I will be. The language is getting better, it is getting faster. There are still times when I am teaching a lesson and I just have a brain cramp and stumble, but I learn a lot each day!! Right now, I have been switching back and forth between 3 Nephi, The 4 gospels in the New Testament, and Jesus the Christ. I need and love to learn more about the life of Christ. Jesus the Christ is AWESOME, it goes into such great detail. Comparing Chirst´s sermons in the Americas and in the Holy Land is really interesting, they gospel is the same everywhere you go, even in the scenic plains of west Texas! I love this work just like it loves me, and I will work until I stick to it like it sticks to me. Thank you so much for preparing me for this, you guys mean the world to me. Thank you for all your love and support, you have no idea how much it helps me. I love you all so very very much!! Ser arrojado! 
Love, Cody






No comments:

Post a Comment