Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Spirit is the teacher....


This is a partial letter from Cody today.  


The President here, President Pratt, is definitely a stickler..but hes called to do his job, so i give him the benefit of the doubt. On saturday, one of the hermanas in our district asked me for a blessing for comfort and patience....I had no idea what to do. I hurried and looked up what to say in the mission handbook, and then i had to just do it. It was one of the most nerve racking things i have ever done. But after i started, the words just came. I really dont even remember what i said, but i do remember sharing a verse form Luke, chapter 9 verse 24. It was awesome. It was just such a humbling experience. Im just a medium here, I dont do any of the real teaching. When we do have to teach our investigators, it is very difficult. Our first investigator, me and my companion did a pretty good job at! My companion, Elder (keeping this blog private)  is honestly very bad at the language, so i carry us most of the time. Its very hard, but every day is a new day and i learn and gain experience. Like i said, i do enjoy it here, even though the food isnt very great, but i seriously cant wait to get to texas. Forget that foreign mission. Im read for the states! I will send some more pictures next week. How is Brady doing? What about Lindsey and Wilson? I heard its snowing there....ouch. Mom just thank you so much for everything that you do. Even after two weeks of being out of the house, I already appreaciate the things that you have done for me even more. How is everything else going?? I miss you all so so much. I know you pray for me every night, just remember that I am doing the same. I love you all so much. I cant wait to hear back from you!
Love, Elder Backus. Or Cody. 

No comments:

Post a Comment