Thursday, February 26, 2015

Letters from Elder Backus..........

Hey Momma!

Hey Mom (:!  You need a letter from me, sorry its taken so long!  So, some cool updates from Roswell.  We are currently visiting/trying to teach a less-active member from MURRAY HIGH SCHOOl.  Haha his name is Josh Fitisemanu......not sure if I spelled that right!  He is about 25, he was a big football star back in the day, his family is all still active in Taylorsville I believe.  We are now starting to teach Brennan and Ashley, the two teenage children of Bobby & Evdora.  Mom, that family is just incredible, they really are doing all they can to live the gospel.  They are a family that just makes the whole mission worth it.

So mom, I think you're probably right, this definitely is the most crucial time in my mission so far.  The first councilor in the bishopric asked me if I had mold underneath my fingernails from being here so long.  Haha, it has been a long time.  I have had my birthday, year mark, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Valentine's Day all in Roswell.  It is a good place though Mom.  I think I'm at a crossroads now.  I can either stay where I have been at spiritually for the rest of my mission or elevate to a whole new level.  These next 3 weeks are going to be a big test.  But in the strength of the Lord we can do all things, right?

So Mom, what can I do for you?  What keeps you up at night?  How can I help?

I love you Mom.  I am so grateful for your dedication to the Gospel and the countless hours that you have spent in prayer on my behalf.  I love you so very much.  Thank you for your support, it means everything to me.  I love you Mom!

Love,  Your Seed (:,

Elder Cody



Hey Dad!

The month of March is fast approaching us and once again I won't be feeling too much of the madness (he must be referring to March Madness), but thats okay.  I am so very grateful to be out here.  It's funny, being in Roswell this long has been pretty hard, but even the hardest part of my mission I am still more happy than I have ever been.  One thing that I have learned is that when you put other people's needs above your own, time just seems to fly.  These weeks just keep cruising by.  Every now and then I will look up and see that its almost Monday again, crazy!

So, Dad, lets get down to the nitty-gritty.  How has your scripture study been going?  Are you making time for it every day?  Daily scripture study has definitely changed my life out here.  Occasionally there will be some days where we can't do our studies due to a service project or something, and man, you can feel a huge difference that day!  I think Cass and Christine could sure use that right now.  I know I was the main culprit of the family scripture study complaints, but looking back on it, I sure am grateful that you and mom enforced it.

I sure love you Dad!  Every single day I learn 2 things.  One, that Dad knew what he was talking about, and two, that I should have listened to him sooner, kind of like the pump your brakes in the snow thing (:.  I love you!  I hope you have an incredible week.  I look forward to hearing back from you soon.  Love you!  Go Utes!

Love,

Elder Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment