Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Big D's, The Temple, and The Ten Virgins.........


Momma!
Hey there! So, first off, thank you so much for the package! Haha I took some of the Elders to Big Ds with me, they all said thank you very much (: All the girls there know who we are, haha one of them actually had a bunch of questions and said that she would like to learn more! I will give you credit for that find (; 

So, the temple, Pres Heap now allows us to go to the Temple every transfer. Last transfer was the first time I was able to go in 10 whole months, it was much needed. I love the Temple. I remember the first time I went, haha it all went over my head, but as I have been able to go with an attitude to seek learning by faith, I have truly received an endowment of knowledge, which is power. I look forward to going once a week with you when I get home, be ready (:

I will be sure to get Bishop's pic on the way. I love the parable of the Ten Virgins. There are many interpretations of it, but what I like to think of it as is living up to our baptismal covenant. When we are baptized we are all invited to the wedding feast, we are all called, but whether we live up to that calling is up to us. Many are called but few are chosen right? That then transitions into testimony and conversion. The one who is true to his baptismal covenant will eventually be converted, the one who doesn't will be stuck with just the lamp, or his testimony, without the driving force of the oil, or conversion. 

Sorry I have to brief due to the zone conference we had today and the computer schedule, but I want you to know that I love you so very much! You are my one true valentine (: I love you madre! I sent you a letter today, hope you get it soon!

Love, Cody



(Big D's is a burger joint in downtown Roswell which has been voted into the Top 10 Burgers in the nation.  I called them to get a gift card for Cody's birthday, then for Christmas and now for Valentine's Day.  The girls that work there know who I am now, and as a result, know who the missionaries are.  Looks like one of them will now be learning more about the gospel :)!)


Elder Backus and Elder May at Mission Leadership Conference......

No comments:

Post a Comment