Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Lubbock Week 35...........


The email I received from Cody on Monday was very short....he let us know that they are teaching a single mom and 2 daughters, Myron, Michelle and Mary.  They came to church on Sunday and are hoping to meet with them again this week.  The church will be sending iPads to his mission before Christmas which he is excited about, he also met with President Heaps in a MLC (missionary leadership conference), the focus of the meeting was on empowering  the leaders with more responsibilities, he said he learned a lot and is wondering how he can fit in more responsibilities than he already has :).  He said he is enjoying his new president and had a lot of fun at the conference....

The following is an email that I received today from the husband of the lady (the Young Women's President in Cody's Big Spring Ward) who sent me a letter last March. 


Sister Backus,

I finally just read the email you sent my wife back in March. It fell to the bottom of my inbox. I can’t tell you how much we appreciate it. More so, I can’t tell you how much we miss having Elder Backus in this area. I know he is doing great things where he is at, but we sure miss him here. I’m sure my wife told you that we both worked at the MTC for a number of years after our missions and I would have given my right arm to have him in one of my districts. He is wise beyond his years and a very mature missionary. I love his confident humility. I still remember he asked my wife to accompany them to a lesson and then followed up that night asking her opinion of the investigators and whether or not she thought they were committed to living the gospel. Usually the missionaries we’ve worked with aren’t willing to ask the members their opinions.

I hope he is doing well! Again thank you for your advice. I’ve definitely started to read more to my kids every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment