Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bring Him Home...


Last night Meghan sent me this link of David Archuleta singing, "Bring Him Home", 
to the American troops in Afghanistan. 
 As I listened, I not only thought of the men and women fighting for our country, 
but also the thousands of men and women who are serving as missionaries for the Lord, Jesus Christ in whatever capacity that may be. 
 As a mother of one these missionaries,
 the words in this song have real meaning to me as I find myself on my knees often, 
praying for Cody's safe return home in 2 years. 
 Although this is always on my mind, I have a desire that goes beyond mortality, 
and it will always be that in the 2 years he is gone, 
he develops a better understanding of what this life is all about. 
 I hope that while he serves with all his might, mind, and strength, that he will find peace and rest in the Savior. 
I hope that he learns how much God knows and loves him, 
I hope that he comes to realize that God has a plan for him which goes beyond this mortal life,
 and more than anything else, 
I hope he comes to realize that faith in God will eventually bring us home to our Father in Heaven whose greatest desire is for us to live with Him again.  







No comments:

Post a Comment