Monday, September 28, 2015

Final week.........

Hey Momma,

Things are going great here in West Texas. This last week I was in Amarillo and then in Lubbock working with some zone leaders, I had a great time. 

Haha to be honest mom, I don't really know much of what to say. I have had such a wide spectrum of emotions lately, it has been draining. I really am excited though. I am going to send home a couple boxes of loose stuff. I have been starting to pack the past couple days and it has been pretty hard! Lots of memories, in fact a lifetime of them. As unbelievable as this sounds, I really can't remember not being a missionary. I have to think really hard to remember what I did and who I was, haha it is strange. I suppose that is a good thing though. 

I think the hardest thing about leaving will be having to say goodbye to President and Sister Heap. I have been so greatly privileged to have been able to work with them so closely. They are why I came to Lubbock!

I am going to write a letter to you guys today, so be looking for it sometime this week. Because of transfers and general conference, I am actually going to take my last P day this upcoming Friday.

Mom, could you do me a favor? I have been making plans for my personal study, could you have a copy of Church History in the Fulness of Times and Principles of the Gospel Institute manuals waiting for me when I get home? President Heap recommended those for good study. They can be found on the lds store website. The church history one has a picture of young Joseph Smith on his farm and the gospel principles one just has a set of scriptures on it. Thank you so much.

I sure love you mom. I could not have done any of this without you. Generations will be thanking you in the eternities. I can't believe this is my last week of being Elder Backus. I am going to do my best to give all the rest that I have! 

I love you and look forward to hearing from you on Friday.

Love, Elder Backus

1 comment: