Thursday, July 16, 2015

Transfers.........

Dear Dad,

So last week was all the preparation for this week. the next 72 hours get pretty wild around here as we get 20 new missionaries from the airport today, get them all oriented, then send 25 home along with about 40 other missionaries moving somewhere around the mission. This mission is huge, so moving missionaries to their new area is quite the task. We used to have this big bus that we would rent out that would travel around the mission in a two day span, but it cost us $3,000 every 6 weeks, so we have gotten rid of the bus these past 3 transfers. Now we have members through out the mission drive to certain places and meet up with members from a different area and create kind of a chain to get missionaries where they need to be -- its just one big puzzle. So that is what I have been working on this week, wish us luck!

I am now going to be in a trio again this transfer. It will be me, Elder Spencer, and Elder King. Elder King is a great guy, he is from the Logan area. Pretty crazy to me that this will be my second to last transfer. It is sneaking up on me. These next 6 weeks are going to fly by pretty fast as well as we have our Mission Leadership Council coming up and also a couple weeks of Zone Conferences as we tour around the mission. It just doesn't stop man! It is good though, I think it helps keep me focused.

I sure love you Dad. I want you to know that I still think about you and the family everyday. I am so grateful for you all. I love you and I am excited to see you guys pretty soon too. I love you man, hope you have a good, busy week. The load keeps our feet on the ground. 

Love, 
Elder Backus




Elders Spencer, Backus & King.


Elder Backus training the new missionaries.




 These 27 missionaries are headed home, and they always end their missions at the temple. Elders Cutler, May & Woolfley are among these elders, and the last of Cody's companions to go home other than the ones he is currently serving with.

Cody has the opportunity to attend the temple every transfer.


President Heap feeling the pressure and heat of transfer week haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment