Sunday, April 26, 2015

First transfer (as an assistant) accomplished.........

Hey Mom!

So transfers went rather smoothly. Haha I am still working on multi-tasking. I like to sit down and work on a project until its done, but that is just not how it works out here. You always get interrupted by something else, so its easy to forget all the other things you started with, so I am still trying to get better at that.

I did get your last e-mail, and that does make me feel better too. I think that is a very smart option, hopefully I will have made up my mind in the next couple weeks. Thank you for doing all that Mom, I sure appreciate it (:

I haven't heard anything about not skyping, but maybe something changed? I don't know, I am sure that we will find out in the next week or so.

Haha so are you still planning on going to Elder Bladen's homecoming? He is great, we had a lot of fun together. He was a great missionary and helped me out with a lot.

I will send those pants this week, I promise. The problem with having P day on Saturday is that the post office closes at 12, so it is hard sometimes to make it over there, but I will send them out Monday or Tuesday, and 34 would be perfect.

Well Mom, I sure love this church we belong to! When you take a step back from the keyhole and look at the whole picture you really can appreciate the promise that "by their fruits ye shall know them". It amazes me what this church accomplishes. It must be true huh?

I love you Mom, things are going well. Thank you for your love and support, I hope you have a fantastic week.

Love,
Elder Backus



(The girls and I did attend the homecoming of Cody's companion Elder Bladen from Logan, Utah.  He served with Cody for 3 months in Roswell, New Mexico.)


Jennica, Alyssa, and Ashley Murray (Elder Murray's family), Elder Matt Bladen, Christine, Cassidy, me, and the mother of Elder Watson who is another AP who Cody served with for 1 transfer.



No comments:

Post a Comment