Monday, March 2, 2015

A post from Kisha Dennis & an email from Elder Backus.......

Yesterday a lady from Cody's ward posted this message.........



Look at these two cute elders I had for dinner tonight! They are serving in Roswell, NM right now. Two great YM !
Elder Backus Julie Brown Backus (is this your elder?)
Elder Barnes
Unlike · 
  • You, Alicia Neeley and 49 others like this.
  • Tracy Morin Lovstedt Look at those cute Elders and look at that beautiful weather. Are we on the same planet?
    18 hrs · Like
  • Julie Brown Backus Yes, Kisha Dennis, the one on the left is my elder !! Bless you for taking such good care of them. (You were just mentioned in our family prayer)
    17 hrs · Like · 3
  • Kisha Dennis Thank you Julie Brown Backus i need all the prayers i can get!
    both of these elders are amazing! my son is a cadet st the mililtary school in Roswell. they treat him so goid. my son loves to go to institute on Sunday since they are teaching it! They are obedient and always engage in their work. you should be proud they are not only representing the Lord well but also your family name!
  • Julie Brown Backus




Cody's email today..........


Hey Mom!

Haha so, let me get this straight. You went to go watch an MMA fight?? Haha oh man, that's awesome! Kelton, I sure do miss that guy. It is good to hear that he is keeping busy though!!

MOTAB is the best! It is pretty interesting working or being around people of other faiths isn't it? Most of them have so much truth, but yet the plain and precious truths that they are missing make a big difference. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon that brings those truths to light, and the Restoration of the Gospel that espouses it.  (I told Cody about an experience I had working at the American Choral Directors Association Conference at the Salt Palace last week.  The Mormon Tabernacle Choir had 4 free concerts for all those who attended and we (Deseret Book) sold their music afterwards.  I was literally shocked by the hundreds of people not of our faith that are huge fans of MOTAB and even BIGGER fans of Mack Wilberg, he really has a following.  What a great experience it was to talk with so many people from all around the world who share our same beliefs in Jesus Christ, it feels so good to focus on what we have in common.  I talked with individuals who were so moved by the concert that they had just been to, and the overwhelming feelings of love for the Savior.  Many from Asia who in broken english told me they didn't know much about Mormons, but because of the concert knew that "they have big hearts".  Many choir students were there to fulfill a life long dream....singing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  I guess I figured that most of MOTAB's fans were LDS, I was very mistaken!)

Thank you for your letter Mom! It truly is sad, the brethren call it the "hemmorage of the church", when returned missionaries go less-active. I am doing all that I can to strengthen my foundation so that I cannot fall.

Work is going well Mom! Had 5 new investigators this week, finally a breakthrough! All it takes is a little bit of faith (: Transfer calls are this weekend. Crazy to think I only have 5 left...I am not sure what will happen, I honestly feel like I could stay here 6 more weeks if needed. Whatever happens happens, and I will take it as the Lord's will and go along with it.

I sure love you Mom! I will get that picture sent to you next week, I promise (: Let me know what else I can do to help. I am thinking about sending a "plain" (as the scriptures say) letter to Cassidy about Mr. Walljasper...haha let me know what you think.

I love you Mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment